THE FEB 21ST CLASS IS NOW FULL.
Call or email to get on wait list or for private consultation.
Smartphone Videomaking Crash Course
Small hands-on class taught by Stu Sweetow, award-winning digital filmmaker. Use your iPhone, Android phone, iPad, or similar mobile device to make a short video in this one-day class.
1. Introductions, discussion of smartphone video features, production apps, YouTube and other distribution platforms
2. Practice: Shooting a small amount of footage with your mobile device.
3. Accessories: Demonstrations of external mics, tripod and portable lighting
4. Composition and continuity: Five rules for artistic imagery. Techniques to match shots for smooth, continuous movements
5. Production planning: Concept development, shooting outlines, scriptwriting
6. Video editing: Online editing, apps for editing, incorporating music and effects, YouTube enhancements
7. Production exercise: Each person or crew shoots a video with opening, middle and closing.
8. Film festival: Viewing & sharing videos. Discussing what we’ve learned.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-839-2020