Follow this step-to-step guide (only six steps) and you’ll be able to upload videos from your computer to YouTube. The guide explains how you can embed the YouTube video onto your website.
Follow this step-to-step guide (only six steps) and you’ll be able to upload videos from your computer to YouTube. The guide explains how you can embed the YouTube video onto your website:
Uploading to YouTube
1. Go to http://www.youtube.com and set up a new account, if you don’t already have one
2. Click the Upload button
3. Click the “Browse” button to browse for the video file you’d like to upload. YouTube accepts files up to 2 GB in size in the following formats: .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats.
4. As the video file is uploading, type in descriptive information for both yourself and for the individual video
5. Type in tags where indicated. Tags are keywords that help people find you via Google searches.
6. You can change these tags or description at any time or even remove the video by using the “edit” feature.
This page on YouTube’s site describes the process, and there is even a little instructional video on the page
You’ll need to agree to the terms and conditions. YouTube will remove any copyrighted videos or music unless you own the copyright.
Once the video is on YouTube’s site, you can find it on the My Videos page. Click on the video, and it should play. To the right of the window where it is playing you’ll see its website address link at “URL.” Cut and paste that link into your emails or into a Word file. You’ll want to include that link along with any descriptions when you send it or post it.
Below that is “Embed.” This is code that you can cut and paste into your website. Then the video will play from your website.
Send the link from either your website page or from the YouTube page to everyone you know. Start your own blog and post the link there. Ask your friends, colleagues and customers to put the link to your video in their blogs and their websites. Ask them to bookmark your website.
YouTube’s “Autoshare” function lets you automatically post the video to Facebook and Twitter. You can post your photo as well as a description of yourself or your business and your website on YouTube’s “Profile setup” page.